Thursday, June 02, 2005

Sometimes programming just isn't fun...

You know, when you have to read someone else's code, and the person that wrote it is no longer avaliable to ask questions about it, and it's a product that's been in development since 1998; it's sometimes just hard to get excited about it.

I guess I like programming little things. Like something that takes less than a year to program. Could you imagine being a musician, and working on the same song since 1998? Do you really think it took Mozart 7 years to write any one song? I don't think so! But why are programmers supposed to enjoy it? We want to work on different stuff too!

4 Comments:

At 2:33 PM , Blogger juxtaposer said...

Poets take years sometimes to compose the perfect poem. And a programmer friend of mine just the other day compared code to poetry. I think the parallels are obvious.

And if you're not enjoying your job, you're not doing it right. Try hitting on coworkers.

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Corith Malin said...

Yeah, but they don't spend 8 hours a day for a whole year on one poem.

It's not that I don't LIKE my job, just the last couple of days it's been rough. I need to vacation.

Hitting on co-workers? There is only one girl and she dates a friend of mine. So I don't think that would go over too well *grin*.

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Matthew Rodatus said...

Is it "my" project?

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger Corith Malin said...

Could be munik. Could be. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home