Sunday, July 31, 2005

Vacation Journal: July 25, 2005

This morning we woke up after sleeping in late. We decided to cook a big breakfast and ended up having bacon, eggs, pancakes, strawberries, bananas, and toast. I cooked the bacon and eggs; while Lesleh cooked the pancakes.

After breakfast we rode in the car to Killington to use the louge. Unfortunately the louge is only open Thursday through Sunday. Instead we just walked around and marveled at the ski slopes.

When we got back in the car I put in my Mitch Headburn CD. Mike ended up using his really obnoxious laugh the whole time we listened to it. I think that I've figured out what annoys me most about Mike. It's two things really.

1. He has and makes known his opinion about everything. And he does it in such a way as to try and sound like an expert about it. It's like he is constantly trying to impress you with his intelligence.

2. The second thing is that he is extremely pushy about anything if you disagree with him. And he tries to make it sound as through he is just throwing an idea out there. The whole time we've been here he has really wanted to get the big boat out so we can water ski. Sean does not want to mess with the boat because he doesn't want to and because Nancy has issues with boats. Sean has really only told us that he doesn't want to get the boat out because he doesn't want to deal with it, but I could sense that there is something else. Mike refuses to drop the subject. Finally, after Mike brought it up for the 6th time and said, "But if you don't want to do it then that's your choice." I looked at mike and said, "He's been telling you that he doesn't want to do it all night." That shut him up about it. But then I learned this morning (when I was gone) he was asking about it again to Sean.

We all played Monopoly tonight. Lesleh kicked out butts. It was pretty cool. Right now she's reading out on the couch.

I also do not like how Mike can't do anything alone. He either has to be doing it with someone, or someone has to watch him. Today I bought a pack of cigars to smoke, and so did he. I know he doesn't smoke cigars. I know he's never tried them before, but he bought them because he things that I am so cool and he wants to be like me. I wish he would just be himself.

-- Craig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home